Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to PwD and Dyslexic Candidates
01. What are the details of the guidelines that will be followed about PwD candidates writing GATE 2019 examination?
GATE 2019 will follow the guidelines as mentioned in the government regulations. Please refer to: 1) http://www.ccdisabilities.nic.in/content/en/docs/omguide.pdf and 2) http://www.ccdisabilities.nic.in/content/en/docs/CCDLetters.pdf
02. Will the facility of scribe and/or compensatory (extra) time be given to all PwD candidates?
Please refer to http://www.ccdisabilities.nic.in/content/en/docs/CCDLetters.pdf (in particular to the fifth page of the document) for the clarification issued by CCPD on 18.03.2013. “The facility of scribe is meant for only those PwD candidates who have physical limitation to write including that of speed. The scribe will be provided by the GATE authorities. The compensatory (extra) time would be applicable only to such candidates.”
03. Will there be a “magnified question paper” for visually challenged PwD candidates?
YES. Once you reach the examination hall, please contact the GATE Institute Representative through the invigilator in your examination hall and he/she will do the needful.
04. Will the facility of scribe and/or compensatory (extra) time be given to dyslexic candidates?
Yes, dyslexic candidates can avail the services of scribe, provided such candidates submit a proper dyslexic certificate issued by the competent authorities. The scribe will be provided by the GATE authorities. The compensatory (extra) time would be applicable only to such dyslexic candidates availing the scribe facility.
05. I have some other learning disabilities similar to Dyslexia, such as Dyspraxia / Dyscalculia / Dysgraphia. In such case, how shall I indicate in the application form?
Please select the button with "Candidate with Dyslexia / similar learning disabilities".
06. I have some other learning disabilities similar to Dyslexia, such as Dyspraxia / Dyscalculia / Dysgraphia. In such case, can I avail the services of a scribe?.
To avail the services of a scribe, the candidate with dyslexia / similar learning disabilities should attach a proper dyslexic certificate issued by any Dyslexia Association (refer to Appendix C, for Authorities Empowered to Issue certificate concerning Dyslexic / similar learning disabilities).